Session 1: Introduction to HypnoBirthing®
- Why HypnoBirthing®?
- Instinctive birth and birthing without fear
- Role of the birth partner
- Power of the mind
- Calm breathing and relaxation techniques
- Use of affirmations
- Rainbow relaxation
Session 2: Pre-birth family bonding.
Parenting and preparing your mind and body
- How baby learns
- Consciousness of baby before birth
- Baby as an active participant in the birth process
- Importance of nurturing the body and the mind
- Importance of the right birth environment
- How baby descends through the birth path
- Perineal massage
- Three breathing techniques for pregnancy and labour
- Positions for relaxations
- Deepening exercises
Session 3: Self-hypnosis and advanced deepening
- Use of massage to aid relaxation
- Going deeper into relaxation
- Ultimate breathing for labour and birth
- Your birth preferences discussed
- Special circumstances - what should I do?
- Artificial induction of labour. Oxytocin v syntocinon
Session 4: Overview and Summary of Labour
- Pre-labour signs
- How will I know that I am in labour?
- When to go to hospital
- Birth partner's role
- Review of the birth process. What is happening to me?
- Review of breathing techniques
- Natural ways to promote labour
Session 5: Birthing - the Final Act and Bonding
- "Your body was made for this!"
- Taking away the fear
- Best positions for labour and birth
- Nearly there! How do I know?
- Birth breathing
- No pushing!
- The golden hour
- Feeding baby
- The journey to parenthood begins